Benefits of using NTZ Micro Filtration
Benefits Of Using NTZ Radial Micro Filters
Here are some of the benefits of using NTZ filtration, all of which result in which is achieved by increasing system efficiency, reducing downtime and lowering maintenance expenditure.
Short term benefits of off-line filtration:
- Reduced overall filtration costs (50-80%)
- Reduced equipment maintenance
- Minimal installation costs
- Minimal training required for operation
- No shutdown required for component changes
Long term benefits of off-line filtration:
- Extended component life
- Extended oil life
- Extended main stream filter life
- Reduced downtime due to equipment failure
- Reduced environmental impact
Features of NTZ™ oil maintenance system:
- Compact, self contained, and totally separate from the main system, with its own pump and motor
- Can operate 24 hrs/day, even when the main system is shut down.
- The filter insert utilizes deep media and consistent density to provide fine filtration, with a normal lifetime of 12-18 months.
- The filter insert has 2.2 square metres of exposed surface area to allow for the slow, steady flow rate necessary for very fine filtration.
- The filter insert has a high dirt-holding capacity, on average between 5 and 7 kg (12 and 15 lbs), resulting in cost-effective operation.
- The main system does not need to be shut down in order to change filter insert.
Other useful Facts:
- NTZ can achieve filtration down to 0.5 micron, which is ideal for servo, proportional or standard systems.
- Remove up to 150 millilitres of water along with 44 grams of contaminant (Datum – ACFTD) per element. Water is very dangerous contamination.
- NTZ filter elements are relatively low cost, and easy to change compared with big in-line pressure filters, and return line filters.
- Will extend the life of existing expensive in-line filters.
- Reduces the oxidation process as well as stabilising the T.A.N. of the fluid.
- NTZ will therefore extend the life of the hydraulic fluid from 3 – 10 times its normal expected life.
- Will extend hydraulic component life, therefore increasing reliability.
- NTZ has approximately 280 layers of filter material in comparison to 2 or 3 of conventional line filters.
- NTZ uses a unique “Radial Filtration” principal that eliminates channelling, something that can occur in an axial filtration based unit.
- The only true comparison of a filter is its b(Beta) – ratio. NTZ boasts a ratio of 2331:1 at 2 micron, giving an efficiency of 99.97%. A spin-on can filter is often 10:1 sometimes even 2:1 at 20 micron.
- NTZ elements can be shredded or crushed to reduce waste volume before incineration and therefore complies with ISO14001 practice, which will fall in line with the EU environmental policies.
Based on the radial filtration principle, the element is made up of hundreds of layers of media, though with every drop of oil MUST pass to exit the housing. The radial flow through the element offers a larger filtration surface area that prevents the channelling effect of filter elements designed in a “honeycomb” style. This larger surface area holds more dirt and provides a much more efficient filtering process.